Trong lớp học Speaking tuần vừa rồi, mình và các bạn đã được thầy Tony chỉ dẫn cách nói về Du lịch. Dẫu biết rằng ai trong đời hầu hết cũng từng được đi du lịch, và chắc hẳn là có nhiều bạn đã “gặt hái” rất nhiều thứ hay ho để nói trong phần thi IELTS của minh, tuy vậy mình vẫn muốn đóng góp, chia sẻ một chút “vốn liếng” lượm lặt được trong những buổi học ở IBEST cho các bạn cùng biết.
Part 1 – sample questions
- Are there many public or national holidays in your country?
- Do you think there are enough public holidays?
- Do you like going away on holidays?
- Where did you go on your last holiday?
- Describe a place you like to go to during your holidays.
- What is the most interesting place you’d like to visit on your holidays?
Part 2 – sample task card
Describe a holiday you would like to go on.
You should say:
- what place you would like to go to
- how you would like to get there
- what you would like to do while you were there
and explain why you would like to go on this holiday.
Part 3 – sample questions
- Which places in your country do visitors enjoy visiting most?
- What are some of the benefits of going away on holiday?
- Have there been any recent changes in the types of holiday that are popular in your country?
- What kinds of benefits might a significant increase in tourist numbers bring to a location?
- What are some of the negative effects of a dramatic increase in tourism?
- What developments affecting international travel might there be in the future?
Positive aspects of holidays (personal)
- chance to unwind
- spend quality time with family / friends
- get away from work / stressful environment
- have a change of routine / scenery
- visit new places / experience new things / cultures
- broaden your horizons
- visit family or friends abroad
Positive aspects of holidays (commercial)
- creates new jobs in tourist industry
- attracts media attention to the resort
- ensures good level of infrastructure
- improves services for local residents
- provides revenue to protect /maintain local heritage
Negative aspects of holidays (personal)
- loss of earnings (if self-employed)
- can be stressful (to be out of your comfort zone)
- can be difficult to cope in foreign country / unfamiliar place
- may encounter travel problems (plane/train delays / traffic jams)
- may not have access to health facilities
- may lose your luggage
- may not be able to speak the local language
Negative aspects of holidays (commercial)
- can cause overcrowding
- tourists may not respect local customs/traditions
- can cause excess of litter / noise
- may cause damage to local environment
- area becomes too built-up due to increase of hotels/shops etc
- may cause increase in prices of local services and goods
Useful Linking Expressions
Adding more reasons / examples
- in addition (to) …
- furthermore, …
- as well as …
- also …
- not only … but also
- both … and …
- besides …
Qu.2 What are some of the benefits of going away on holiday?
There are many benefits of going on holiday. Besides giving you a chance to unwind and relax, it also allows you to spend some quality time with your family, not only in a different environment but more importantly, away from the routine pressures of work and daily life. In addition to this, it also gives you the opportunity to broaden your horizons by visiting new places and experiencing a different way of life.
Còn rất nhiều kiến thức hữu ích khác tại IBEST, vậy nên nếu đang dự định chinh phục IELTS, bạn đừng bỏ qua các khóa tại IBEST dưới đây nhé
Way to IELTS (đầu ra 5.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/way-to-ielts.html
IELTS Headway (đầu ra 5.5 – 6.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-headway.html
IELTS Success (đầu ra 6.5 – 7.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-success.html
IELTS Mastery (đầu ra 7.0++): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-mastery.html
Xem thêm giáo viên: http://ibest.edu.vn/giao-vien.html