Trong buổi thi nói Speaking, bên cạnh chủ đề thời tiết thì có một chủ đề nữa cũng rất liên quan và khó, chính là chủ đề “Môi trường”. Cùng IBEST học một số từ vựng về chủ đề nay nhé. Chú ý những từ được in đậm nha.
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: Are there any environmental problems in your country?
Kelly: Yes … we have a serious issue with pollution levels in some of our big cities … exhaust fumes from cars and lorries are definitely one reason for the problem but we also have a lot of heavy industry in some areas and this also results in poor air quality …
Examiner: Do you take an interest in nature?
Jenny: Well … I’m a city person through and through and don’t get back to nature very often I’m afraid … but like everyone else I’m fascinated by the natural world and I like watching documentaries showing wild animals in their natural habitat …
Examiner: Do you or your family take steps to help the environment?
Mira: My parents have always tried to make us aware of our impact on the environment … they’re really into energy conservation … and always try to buy environmentally friendly products if they have the chance …
Part 2-style task
Describe an environmental problem that has been in the news. You should say
- when this was
- where the event happened
- what actually took place
and say how you felt about this problem.
Martin: Well … this is an interesting question … there are so many issues I could think of … natural disasters like earthquakes and floods seem to be in the news almost every year … but there was one story recently about some animals that were under threat … it wasn’t focused on one place in particular … it was looking at various animals that could actually become extinct in different African countries … if we don’t take steps to protect them … these were really iconic animals like gorillas … leopards … rhinos … and apparently they’re now listed as endangered species … what made it really depressing was they were in danger thanks to us … in some cases it was due to a loss of habitat either because people need more agricultural production … or even worse I think … because of hunting andpoaching … I hate to think of future generations being robbed of the chance to see creatures like these in their natural environment … it’s lucky we have lots of organisations that focus on wildlife conservation … hopefully with their help we can put pressure on those in power to do something to stop creatures like these dying out …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What do you think is the main danger the world faces in terms of the environment?
Spencer: Well … climate change is a real issue … in my country we have flash floods and heatwaves on a yearly basis … so yes … I thinkglobal warming is the biggest issue.
Examiner: What examples are there of how we damage the natural world?
Stella: There are so many examples … there are factories that empty toxic waste into rivers and oceans … oil spills that damage the coastline … the way we destroy vast areas of land and rain forests in search of fossil fuelsor to increase agricultural production …
Examiner: In which ways do we respond well to environmental problems?
Mathius: Well … on the one hand there are various worldwide agencies that are always the first on the scene with humanitarian aid after natural and man-made disasters … and on the other hand we have environmentalpressure groups that are constantly raising awareness of issues and trying to stop disasters happening …
- air quality: chất lượng không khí
- to become extinct: tuyệt chủng
- to be under threat: có nguy cơ tuyệt chủng
- climate change: thay đổi khí hậu
- to die out: chất dần, chết mòn, chết từ từ
- endangered species: sách Đỏ những động vật có nguy cơ bị tuyệt chủng
- energy conservation: đàm thoại về năng lượng
- environmentally friendly: thân thiệt với môi trường
- exhaust fumes: khí thải công nghiệp, xe cộ
- flash floods: bão bất ngờ
- fossil fuels: tài nguyên thiên nhiên
- future generations: thế hệ con cháu
- to get back to nature: sống nguyên thủy
- global warming: nóng lên toàn cầu
- heavy industry: nền công nghiệp nặng
- humanitarian aid: viện trợ nhân đạo
- impact on: có ảnh hưởng tới
- loss of habitat: mất môi trường sống
- man-made disaster: thảm họa do con người gây ra
- natural disaster: thảm họa thiên nhiên
- natural environment: môi trường sinh thái
- the natural world: môi trường tự nhiên
- oil spill: tràn dầu
- poaching: săn bắn thú bất hợp pháp
- pollution levels: mức độ ô nhiễm
- pressure group: nhóm gây áp lực
- toxic waste: chất thải độc hại
- wildlife conservation: bảo vệ động vật hoang dã
Còn rất nhiều kiến thức hữu ích khác tại IBEST, vậy nên nếu đang dự định chinh phục IELTS, bạn đừng bỏ qua các khóa tại IBEST dưới đây nhé