My computer does not have Vietnamese font so I decided to use English to write instead. Today, I will give you guys an overall look at IELTS Listening skills. Hope that my tips will be useful for your practices.
First of all,it is true that there are 4 sections which will be highlighted below, and so do some tips for task types.
Section 1 and 2: types of listening skills needed for survival in an English-speaking country.
Main focus in these 2 sections: UNDERSTANDING KEY POINTS OF FACTUAL INFORMATION.
Section 3 and 4: Types of academic situations likely to be encountered by students following a training or study course in an English speaking country.
- Discussions with other students on academic matters
Focus in Section 3&4: INDENTIFYING KEY INFORMATION & DETAILS,FOLLOWING AN ACADEMIC ARGUMENT.
1. Forms/Notes/Table/Summary Completion Task -> “Fill in the gap”
- Read intructions very carefully because (bs) the number of words or numbes you should use to fill ion the gaps will vary
- If the task requires you to identify missing words,you should not change the words in the record in any way,and you should keep to the limit stated in the instructions.
- If the task requires to fill in forms,notes,tables,flowcharts,some words may be omitted when they are not necessary for the meaning.
- If the task requires you to complete a summary,you must be grammatically correct.
one mission completed . ^^remember that we still have 6 types left ^.^ yeah Let’s go –>>
- Choose the answer A ,B or C
- Question may involve sentence completion or it could be worded or complete question.
- Detailed understanding of specific points
- Overall understanding of the main points
3. Short-answer questions
- There are given words limited, usually no more than three words and/or a number
- Sometimes you are given a question which asks you to list two or three points
- Do not write more than the stated number
- Hyphenated words count as single words:(10-year-old boy)
- Check the instruction carefully!
4. Sentence Completion
- You will read a set of sentences summarizing key information from all or part of the listening text
- Complete a gap in each sentence using information from the listening text
- Usually, you are to write no more than three words and /or a number
- Words should be taken directly from the listening text and written on the questionnaire
5. Labeling a Diagram/Plan/map
- You have to complete label on a visual
- The answer are usually selected from a list on the questionnaire
- The visual may be a:
- Diagram (e.g a piece of equipment)
– Set of pictures
– Plan( e.g of a building)
– Map (e.g of part of a town)
Skills being tested:
- Ability to recognize relationships and connections between facts in the listening text
- Ability to listen for details
- Always check instructions
- Read ahead 2-3 questions
- Underline keywords
- Think of paraphrases
- Guess answers in context (noun, verb, adj, number, time, amount, etc.)
- Check spelling and grammar.
- Focus and listen for stressed answers
- Ignore connecting words
PINGO, I HAVE FINISHED GIVING YOU THE TIPS FOR IELTS LISTENING.
WISH YOU ALL HAVE A HELPFUL LESSON.
Còn rất nhiều kiến thức hữu ích khác tại IBEST, vậy nên nếu đang dự định chinh phục IELTS, bạn đừng bỏ qua các khóa tại IBEST dưới đây nhé
Way to IELTS (đầu ra 5.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/way-to-ielts.html
IELTS Headway (đầu ra 5.5 – 6.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-headway.html
IELTS Success (đầu ra 6.5 – 7.0): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-success.html
IELTS Mastery (đầu ra 7.0++): http://ibest.edu.vn/ielts-mastery.html
Xem thêm giáo viên: http://ibest.edu.vn/giao-vien.html